500 mg – 1000 mg – Retard 850 mg
Each tablet of Cidophage Contains:
Metformin HCI 500 mg or 1000 mg
Each tablet of Cidophage-retard Contains:
Metformin HCI 850 mg
- Cidophage contains metformin HCI which is a biguanide oral antidiabetic used in management of type 11 ( non-insulin dependent diabetes millitus )
- Cidophage is the drug of first choice in obese diabetics with insulin resistance
syndrome alone or with sulphonylurea.
- Cidophage has hypolipidemic effect, lowering serum triglycerides, LDL cholesterol
level without any adverse effect on other lipid levels, Cidophage stabilizes or decreases body weight, also its anorexic effect is beneficial in weight loss.
-CldQphagaexer1s-its action-as-antih .pe[gly~mic-’lgent withQuts.ausing
and without weight gain.
- Cidophage improves insulin sensitivity without causing hyperinsulinemia.
- Cidophage exerts its action by decreasing gluconeogenesis, reducing intestinal
absorption of glucose and increasing peripheral glucose uptake and utilization by skeletal muscles.
- Cidophage reaches maximal plasma concentration after 1-2 hours, not bound to plasma protein, not metabolised and excreted unchanged in urine.
Indications & Usage:
- For non-insulin dependent diabetics ( type 11 ) alone or with sulphonylurea.
- Overweight diabetics.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, as sole therapy or as an adjuvant to clomiphene.
- Ketoacidosis and hypoxic states ( e.g. respiratory failure, recent myocardial infarction)
- Renal or hepatic impairment, Congestive heart failure.
- Use of iodinated X-ray contrast media ( restart after renal function is verified normal)
- Known hypersensitivity to metformin.
- Transient GIT disturbances ( e.g. anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea ) which resolve spontaneously during continuous treatment ( overcomed by taking Cidophage with meals)
- Lactic acidosis may rarely occur due to metformin accumulation so caution
must be taken.
- Dermal rash and dermatitis may rarely occur.
- may’<liminish-the hypoglyeem ceIIecl-Corticosteroids, oral contraceptives, estrogen, Thyroid products, sympathomimetics and Ca channel blockers.
- Drugs that may enhance the hypoglycemic effect:
Alcohol, furosemide, nifedipine and cimetidine.
Warnings & Precautions:
- Medical and surgical emergencies ( substitute with insulin)
- Cidophage may decrease intestinal absorption of ViI. B,2 , so parenteralVit.B’2
administration is advisable. Also, red blood cell parameters should be monitored once per year.
- In pregnancy ( although it doesn’t cross the placental barrier and there is no evidence of~ teratogenic effect) _
- or patoen s receivmq othernypoglycemic agents, dose adjustment of both Cidophage and the other medication is must.
Dosage & Administration:
Diabetes mellitus : ( For adult and children over 10 years)
- Initially 500 mg once daily with breakfast for at least one week, then 500 mg
twice daily with ( breakfast, evening meals) for one week.
- Usual dose: 500 mg 3 times daily with meals.
The maximum dose is 2 gm daily in divided doses according to the doctor supervision.
Polycystic ovary syndrome:
Initially 500 mg once daily with breakfast for one week then 500 mg with meal twice daily ( breakfast, evening meals) for one week, then 1.5 – 1.7 gm daily ( 2-3 times) in divided doses.
* Cidophage 500 mg tablets: ooe tablet 3 times daily.
* Cidophage retard 850 mg tablets: one tablet twice daily.
* Cidophage 1000 mg tablets: one tablet twice daily with meals.
- Cidophage 500 mg, 1000 mg : Strips of 10 tablets.
- Cidophage retard 850 mg : Boxes of 30 or 60 tablets.
Store below 30′C and R.H. below 70 %
This drug can be useful in some diabetic patients and must not be used except under close medical supervision and should only be dispensed with a medical prescription.
- Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption
oontrary to instructions is dangerous for you.
- The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicine. it’s benefits and risks.
- Do not by yourself interrupt the period of treatment presafued for you.
- 00 not repeatlhe same prescnpuon without consulting your doctor.
- Keep medicament out of children reach
Keywords Search :
- سيدوفاج 500
- cidophage side effects
- cidophage 500
- cidophage for weight loss
- cidophage 850